Saturday, June 2, 2012

New beginnings~

Hey, you guys! I am sorry for taking such a long hiatus...I have been busily working on this company of mine. It's coming along nicely so far, but sometimes I wish I was doing this with someone. It's not that money is an issue at all (even it just comes rather slowly for me since I work in retail), but it's always nice having someone else's creative input! I may see things one way, but I don't want to put all of my time and effort and money into something that people won't like. Constructive criticism is always nice!

I think what I would really like to accomplish with this company is creating a line that is both safe and honest with its customers. Too many small companies out here cause all kinds of commotion when they sell "eye" shadows that aren't even approved for eye use (i.e. neons)! It's not all that difficult to produce vegan eyeshadows either--The only non-vegan ingredients I use are mica powders that already include carmine.

One issue I am coming up with is labeling. On one hand, while money is scarce, it is so easy to just slap on a sticker with the handwritten name of the shade on it. I have decent handwriting, don't get me wrong, but I don't find this looks very professional. Eventually I want to have a label on the top of the jars and the printed name on the bottom. I am torn on whether to put ingredients on the jars, too. I'll probably just put them on full-sized jars, and maybe include a small card with ingredient lists for the sample sized jars. Hmm...

Anyway, hopefully I will be up and running sometime this month. Until then, love y'all!

Here are a few swatches of what I have so far:
(from left) Ladies' Night (dark silver with pink glitter), Tail of Unicorn (lavender shimmer and silver sparkle), Furbelow (coral pink with gold flecks), Wasabi (matte light olive)


 And this is how it's done! Mix, mix, mix!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment